• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about .mac email account...

nikonflash

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I currently have AT&T and have the iPhone 3G and my contract is up. I have been researching and drooling over the HTC EVO 4G and really want to go set up a plan and buy the phone today!

I currently use my @mac email account for business and personal. My question is can I access the @mac email account through the HTC EVO? Will I be charged more per month? ...Hopefully someone has made the switch from iphone to EVO and can help me out.

Thanks....

You will not be charged more per month and it's easy to access that.

Use the stock Evo Mail app, select new account, (IMAP if asked - I don't think it does in this case, don't recall), enter in your @mac address and password - it knows automagically how to configure for the servers, that's it, you're done - except for setting your various mail prefs, like your signature, mail update frequency, etc.

And - welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones