• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about making soundboards into ringtones

pinkie1205

Dec 2, 2009
I downloaded a soundboard that I would like to use as a ringtone. I already have a clip set as my ringer, but I would like to save one as a notification ringer and one as a text message ringer.
When I was using the default message service that came with the phone this was no problem. I could go in and see the ringtone and change it within the settings. Now that I use handcent, this isn't an option. I can go in and change it to the default notifications ringer but I don't see any of the ringtones as an option to save as a text message ring tone. If I do try to get around it by saving it as a notification first then going into handcent and using it for the text message, if I try to change the ringer for my notifications, it says that the ringer is set but it doesn't ring.

Does anyone know a work around? I understand if I just have to suck it up and use a ringtone for my text messages that is preset into the phone. Also I hope I made sense in my post...LOL

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones