1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about: manual adjustability of exposure

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by fordmadoxfraud, Dec 31, 2011.

1. fordmadoxfraud

None

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere. I didn't see any other threads that specifically talked about this.

My question is: are there any good apps that allow you to set or modify the exposure yourself? I have a Motorola Photon and use Camera ZOOM FX, mostly, which is fine, but like a lot of point and shoots meters poorly for very high contrast scenes, which are my favorite things to shoot - unlighted or low-light historical sites being primary among them. I've also tried ProCapture, which allows you to increment or decrement the exposure from an on-screen menu button, the fiddlyness of which I find to be a pain.

I guess ideally I'd like to replicate how I used to use my old Sony point and shoot, which had a spot meter, which allowed me to point the light-metering reticle at the part of the composition I wanted to expose for (or a test card) and lock in that exposure to shoot with. Failing that, if an app does allow manual adjusting of the exposure, it'd be nice to be able to remap those functions to the hardware (volume keys, e.g.), rather than having to find the menu button on the screen for it.

Is there anything like that in the Android market or am I expecting too much from a camera app?

Advertisement

2. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast
    None

While Android smart-phone with camera seem normal nowadays, I still felt for those serious photographers looking for superior picture quality and color, a dedicated camera is still better. We can only hope as Android moves along, more will be done in this area.

3. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    My standard camera app on my HTC Inspire has the option to manually adjust the exposure and other things as well.