• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about monthly payments

with Verizon, you have a choice, and with other carriers also.

If you buy any phone outright, and not on a contract with the carrier, not only will there be no payments, the monthly fee is $10 cheaper per month. That alone is enough to argue for buying outright.. just depends on your current ability to pay full price for a brand new phone.

or, pick up an older model phone. Verizon don't care, they will be happy to register any phone that you have that works on their network. Been with VZW nearly 25 years. I have done it just about every which way possible.

Upvote 0
How does it work? If my contact has expired and I'm on month to month with Verizon, can I buy a new phone with a monthly payment plan without having to renew a contract?

No. I just finished my contracts with two Unlimited data plan lines. I asked VWZ if I would be forced into a new plan if I purchased a phone through the new monthly payment plan and was told that I would definitely need a new plan and would lose unlimited. The only ways to avoid a new contract are to either buy at retail price from Verizon or buy "used" on a site like Swappa/Craigslist/etc and put in your current SIM card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones