1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about My touch 4g post paid phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaysonrf, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Jaysonrf

Jaysonrf Lurker

i have a t mobile my touch 4g phone i bought under contract. Can i use a pre paid t mobile plan, more specifically the 70$ unlimited plan, by buying a cheap prepaid tmobile phone, inserting the sim from the pre paid into my locked t mobile post paid my t 4g phone. I need to save $ and the $70 5g unlimited pre paid plan sounds great. Will i be able to use the My t 4g phone the same way. Will the hot spot option on my my touch still be accessable. I use it now and its not on my plan. I generally use navigation and emaill. Im not app crazy. My main concern is the normal talk text data. If I can still tether someway great. Please let me know. Ivr called t mobile, Best buy and others. No one knows for sure . Exspecially about the hot spot. I use it and dont have it added to my plan now. Its an option on the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

I'm not 100% sure about this one. If the phones use sim cards it "should" be possible to just switch the cards out. I haven't owned a sim card phone for a while, and I've never tried it with a smart phone.

I'm going to move your thread to the My Touch 4G section, so someone with more experience with your phone can help you answer this question. :)