• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about N7

Ok, so I've been checking reviews and comparisons about
iPad mini vs Nexus 7 and I kinda noticed games on the ipad look a little LOT!
more smooth and in better quality..
why is that? I mean, I thought quad core tegra 3 was better than A5..
please answer me this question
Which is better for gaming?
and why is ipad mini handling games in a better way?

Ok, so I've been checking reviews and comparisons about
iPad mini vs Nexus 7 and I kinda noticed games on the ipad look a little LOT!
more smooth and in better quality..
why is that? I mean, I thought quad core tegra 3 was better than A5..
please answer me this question
Which is better for gaming?
and why is ipad mini handling games in a better way?

The apple app store has so many more games than android. There apps get updated faster and are more smoother and better to play on. ( not trying to cause a war or anying just imo) While android does have games but not as many and they do tend to have lots of problems.

Reactions: robert0wnz
Upvote 0
Tegra 3 has more raw power, iGames have more polish.
I don't know exactly what you saw, but it is true that the N7 should outperform the iPad Mini both graphically and computational.
But a closed system like Apple's has its advantages. The hardware acceleration is usually a bit better (Apple has gotten quite proficient in tailoring their software to the hardware capacities). Also, sadly the mobile gaming industry is still weighted towards Apple (Shift happens tho), so there's more polished games to be had there.

Upvote 0
In terms of smoothness, iOS has always been a smoother system because it keeps things simple by being rather lean, and light on resource usage. True multitasking cannot be done on iOS devices, while it can on android. Combine that with a decent GPU and you get smooth games. It also helps that programming apps for iOS is easy because they only have to program for a small variety of hardware and sizes, while android is filled with lots of different processors(nVidia, Qualcomm, TI, Intel, Samsung, etc), and there are more than just 4 sizes to program for. Programming for this versatility is more difficult, which is why there is less selection and incompatibility with devices.

Reactions: robert0wnz
Upvote 0
Tegra 3 has more raw power, iGames have more polish.
I don't know exactly what you saw, but it is true that the N7 should outperform the iPad Mini both graphically and computational.
But a closed system like Apple's has its advantages. The hardware acceleration is usually a bit better (Apple has gotten quite proficient in tailoring their software to the hardware capacities). Also, sadly the mobile gaming industry is still weighted towards Apple (Shift happens tho), so there's more polished games to be had there.
Ok, but is there ever going to be better and smoother games for android ?
I mean, nexus 7 sounds over powered.. but after you try the games you used to play on ios it looks under.. powered
and it has better ram & processor

Upvote 0
There are many tegra optimized versions of games and honestly, I've never come across a game that was slow or laggy.
I don't know exactly what games you saw or think to run badly, but the best way to test is to try out first hand.
None, it's just that I saw a review comparison of n7 and ipad mini
and the same game looked way better in the ipad mini.. i was like wtf
;c

Upvote 0
Yeah, you bring up a good point there. If the textures are made with the iPad resolution in mind and ported to the N7,they'll look crap. It's like watching SD on a HD tv, it looks worse then watching it on a low res tv.

But look at a game like N.O.V.A. 3 that has HD textures and is tegra optimized... Looks insanely good.
Lol, can't afford it :c

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones