1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about N7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robert0wnz, Dec 29, 2012.

1. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

Ok, so I've been checking reviews and comparisons about
    iPad mini vs Nexus 7 and I kinda noticed games on the ipad look a little LOT!
    more smooth and in better quality..
    why is that? I mean, I thought quad core tegra 3 was better than A5..
    please answer me this question
    Which is better for gaming?
    and why is ipad mini handling games in a better way?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

The apple app store has so many more games than android. There apps get updated faster and are more smoother and better to play on. ( not trying to cause a war or anying just imo) While android does have games but not as many and they do tend to have lots of problems.

robert0wnz likes this.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

Tegra 3 has more raw power, iGames have more polish.
    I don't know exactly what you saw, but it is true that the N7 should outperform the iPad Mini both graphically and computational.
    But a closed system like Apple's has its advantages. The hardware acceleration is usually a bit better (Apple has gotten quite proficient in tailoring their software to the hardware capacities). Also, sadly the mobile gaming industry is still weighted towards Apple (Shift happens tho), so there's more polished games to be had there.

robert0wnz and El Presidente like this.
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

In terms of smoothness, iOS has always been a smoother system because it keeps things simple by being rather lean, and light on resource usage. True multitasking cannot be done on iOS devices, while it can on android. Combine that with a decent GPU and you get smooth games. It also helps that programming apps for iOS is easy because they only have to program for a small variety of hardware and sizes, while android is filled with lots of different processors(nVidia, Qualcomm, TI, Intel, Samsung, etc), and there are more than just 4 sizes to program for. Programming for this versatility is more difficult, which is why there is less selection and incompatibility with devices.

robert0wnz likes this.
  5. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

Ok, but is there ever going to be better and smoother games for android ?
    I mean, nexus 7 sounds over powered.. but after you try the games you used to play on ios it looks under.. powered
    and it has better ram & processor

6. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

Probably not. Never..

7. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

How about:
    Is N7 ever going to be a game attractor? or at least having games that are optimized for this wonderful tablet?

8. Teknologic

There are many tegra optimized versions of games and honestly, I've never come across a game that was slow or laggy.
    I don't know exactly what games you saw or think to run badly, but the best way to test is to try out first hand.

9. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

None, it's just that I saw a review comparison of n7 and ipad mini
    and the same game looked way better in the ipad mini.. i was like wtf
    ;c

10. Teknologic

So, which game? Chances are indeed that there's a difference between the Android and iOS version, so that's due to the developer.

11. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

It was
    Highway Rider, on the ipad mini it looked so HD
    and in the N7 it looked.. not laggy but in some low resolution or just choppy

12. Teknologic

Yeah, you bring up a good point there. If the textures are made with the iPad resolution in mind and ported to the N7,they'll look crap. It's like watching SD on a HD tv, it looks worse then watching it on a low res tv.

But look at a game like N.O.V.A. 3 that has HD textures and is tegra optimized... Looks insanely good.

13. robert0wnz

robert0wnz Member

Lol, can't afford it :c

14. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

Its on sale right now under "Holiday Gaming Sale" in the play store. I can't tell what the price is though, cause I already bought it a couple months ago during a 99 cent sale.

15. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Android Enthusiast

Any Tegra 3 optimised game should look better on an N7. Try "Dark Meadow: The Pact" (which is free).

16. Teknologic

I think I bought it for $. 25 but it's not the best game, just looks amazing.
    If you can find a decent HD recording of it being played on the N7 you can see what I mean.