• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Nandroid backup

revlis240

May 1, 2010
Hey guys,
Ok I just rooted using Fresh Kitchen 1.05 and it appears that i have i have the 1.6.2 RA (thats what it says on the bottom when i go to the RA screen).

Now about this nandroid backup, i see that there is an option to backup/restore in the RA screen. IS THIS THE NANDROID backup? or is nandroid some other program i need to install as shown by this guide:

[Complete Guide] How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

If i understand correctly. all i gotta do is get the damageless 2.08 rom, boot into the RA, backup, put the rom onto the sd card by toggling the usb mode in the RA and mounting the sd card, and then loading the rom from the SD card.

Also, nandroid doesnt really back up my call logs/sms for restoring when the 2.1 is loaded, its only for restoring the IMAGE incase the loading fails right? So i need to backup my call logs/sms with other apps before i start this whole process?

Does that sound right?

Thanks

Abe

well i was too excited to wait so i followed some steps, did the backup from the RA 1.6.2 and wiped the data and dalvik thing and installed the damageless rom...

what is nandroid + ext anyway?

Nandroid is the app that you used to make a full backup, and it also handles restores. It oftentimes is incorporated into an app so much, you don't even know you're using it, like with the ROM Manager.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones