• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About New Project Fi Phone

I currently have a project fi Nexus5x phone. I believe it's about time to trade the old girl in for a new one. I am old and slow and very techno challenged. I looked up how to port a number to a new phone, transfer pics, contacts, etc but it's so confusing. Could someone tell me in simple terms or point me to a website that could help?

Thanks!!

Generally what you would do is just remove the sim card from the old device and insert it into the new device. Starting with the pixel 2 they switched to what they call "e-sim" where you don't actually have to insert the physical sim card into the device anymore.

I believe when you receive the device and set it up you will have the option to transfer your existing number.

https://support.google.com/fi/answer/7540641?hl=en

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones