1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about new tmoble phones

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by cueman98, Aug 7, 2013.

1. cueman98

cueman98 Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2012
    Hi all.

If I buy a new tmoble phone off their website, and pay in full, do I have to activate it with tmoble, or can I take it straight to metro without activation on tmoble.

Is that even possible? I want to get a note 2.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Male
    Evil Genius, Jokers Apprentice
    Florida
    maybe from the website, most retail locations(tmobile) frown upon doing it, but yes you can on the metro end.

3. Bishop99

Bishop99 Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2013
    Miami, Fl
    Well here is my experience from buying the T-Mobile Galaxy S4, paid in full. Online and in the store, they would not let me purchase the phone, even if paying in full, without a plan..... When I called customer care, they seemed to indicate that I could buy it over the phone with them, pay the entire price for the phone, they would ship the phone to me with the T-mobile sim. All I would have to do was to either activate it, or call T-mobile and tell them that I'm not interested in activating the phone. They said something like I would only have to pay for the service used, but without activation, I guess I wouldn't have to pay anything. But I didn't feel like I was truly getting a clear explanation..... The unlocking part might be another issue.

I found a better deal for it on Shopnbc.com and bought my phone from there. When BYOD came into Florida, I went into a Metro store with the T-mobile Galaxy S4. First issue was that they didn't have the cutters for the Metro sim card at the moment. Then they began asking me if I had unlocked the phone. I explained that I didn't need to unlock it because it was from T-mobile, but they told me it didn't matter. Something like they didn't have the system to test the IMEI or some junk like that. But since they weren't able to put in the sim card, I just had to leave. Called up T-mobile to have it unlocked, but even though I paid for it completely, they told me they couldn't unlock it because I had to have service with them before they could do that.... Thankfully, Shabbypenguin was able to help me with steps to unlock the phone. Took into another MetroPCS store the next day and I was set to go.

I don't know 100% if the T-mobile phone has to be unlocked or not to work on MetroPCS, maybe someone can confirm this. These companies just make it a little difficult for you to unlock your phone even if you pay for it in cash.

If the T-mobile phone doesn't have to be unlocked to work on MetroPCS, then call T-Mobile and order it from them, best way to get it without needing a plan. Look for a store that might sell that phone cheaper than t-mobile. I found a better deal on Shopnbc for the T-mobile Galaxy S4..... If they need to be unlocked to work on Metro, then look at the phone you want to buy and see if there are steps that will help you unlock it yourself.

Twin Prime and mike28 like this.
  4. android user29

None

Aug 6, 2013
    Speaking of TMobile phones. Will metro pcs be getting some of the upcoming TMobile phones???

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    Lol yes the F3 is one the L9 is another the the exhibit is another one

pronounced Dur Tee Dee

android user29 likes this.
  6. android user29

None

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks for the reply but i meant more of newer phones like if TMobile gets the newest Android phone will metro as well

7. the hulk

None

Mar 11, 2011
    Male
    Florida
    lol, it's already here dude, all those newer phones, check out tmobiles site, they're pretty much the same thing

S3 GSM
    S4 GSM
    The two new LG's GSM
    Samsung Exhibit GSM

Alcatel Flip, GSM

8. BigKeenan

BigKeenan Member
    None

Jul 9, 2013
    Male
    Atlanta, Ga
    When wil we be seeing the refurbished tmobile phones from when people use Tmobile's JUMP program?

9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    South Florida
    I'm thinking next April since there's a 6 month wait period in the beginning.. Just my thought

the hulk likes this.
  10. the hulk

None

Mar 11, 2011
    Male
    Florida
    this whole process of BYOD happened much faster then what was originally anticipated, it might be sooner then later

mike28 likes this.
  11. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    Male
    You're kidding right?
    East Bay
    My new LG L9 is great! My LG Motion was stolen so I replaced it w/L9 larger screen than my Esteem, 4.1 jellybean. Tmo's has ics I believe and only $119 w/$30 rebate but doesn't have LTE. But I like it.

12. Lee12311

Lee12311 Newbie
    None

May 4, 2013
    Can current MetroPCS customers get the rebate?

13. the hulk

None

Mar 11, 2011
    Male
    Florida
    only if it is new activation and new number, if your doing an "upgrade" which is switching your current metropcs number to one of these new ones, you are not eligible for the mail in rebate, you might be for the instant rebate, but I'm pretty much you wont be.

mike28 likes this.