1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by playzwithfire, Feb 15, 2011.

1. playzwithfire

playzwithfire Newbie

Coming from a Blackberry I had a program installed that would blink different colors for different things (Eg, texts, BBMs, facebook) Can we get something like that for the HTC Inspire? Another question, If not, how do we get notification to light if we get a facebook or a text? I don't care about it lighting up for emails, But I would like it for the others, cause I am not getting notified from facebook at all, I have to open the app to see if there are any notifications and i have all my settings set correctly i believe.
    Thank you
    Gina
    BY the way this phone is AMAZINGGGG!

Advertisement

2. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

well, for Facebook alerts, make sure it's push setting is on. AS far as the light, I THINK there is possibly an app in the marketplace for it, or it requires a root to access that option. I know it's possible, a bunch of people have done it to their Nexus One's

3. playzwithfire

playzwithfire Newbie

Ok maybe a dumb question lol where is the setting for facebook push notifications, i dont see it in the facebook app itself
    Thank you again

4. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

Haha, to be honest, I don't know. I don't have the phone yet, nor have I had any real experience on Android. But that changes tomorrow!

5. bmolloy

bmolloy Lurker

Sadly, I think this is not an option with this phone. The only notification light is the tiny LED that flashes in the corner of the speaker. (This is the light that shows up when you have a charger attached.) From what I can tell the light is only orange and green. I tried to set a setting to flash blue when I got a text message (with chomps SMS text message program) and it still flashed green. I am coming from a Nexus one so I miss my huge multi-colored blinking track ball for sure.

Give it time, developers will probably come up with a blinking screen icon notification system like they have for the Samsung phones that have no light indicator at all.

playzwithfire likes this.
  6. playzwithfire

playzwithfire Newbie

Lol thank you anyway I will figure it out I hope. Good luck with the phone its awesome! I am in love with this thing.