1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question About Online Activation

Discussion in 'Boost Mobile' started by Koumajutsu, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Android Expert
    None

I've always called customer service and pounded my way through to a live operator to upgrade/replace a handset, because I'm old and came from a time when using the automated system would reset your plan and rob you.

Is this still the case?

I tried searching around for a straight answer, but it seems my google skills have grown weak in my old age :)

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Straight answer , walk into a store and talk to them

3. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Android Expert
    None

Yeah, but, it was 8pm, the stores were closed, the customer service center was closed, my wife had her new handset in her hand, and didn't want to cut her fingers on her old phone's broken screen. Ultimately, we gave up and will just call sometime today. I'd still like to know for sure. I just trust the members here more than I trust the folks in Boost Customer "Care" that many times have difficulty with a language barrier

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    I've activated and swapped phones between family members online several times now. I've had no problems.

PitCarver and bcrichster like this.
  5. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    I've been a Boost Mobile customer for nearly their entire existence in the US and have done about... 10+ mobile swaps online in the last 4 years and rarely EVER have any issues. It's actually been cheaper than many of the stores (most of the time) too, Lol

So.. Whatcha do is: locate the IMEI Number on the box (you'll need that # and Sim card #), go on Boost Mobile website and enter info to change phones as desired. When it says it's done, simply boot new phone and allow it to setup. Your number should now be on the new phone and good to go. ;)