1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greasemonky, Feb 11, 2016.

1. greasemonky

greasemonky Well-Known Member

Anybody gotten this phone yet? Thinking about buying this phone and Was wondering about any opinions on it and if anybody has gotten root for it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

Just got the device today. Looking to do some stuff with it. No time tables though.

greasemonky likes this.
  3. NumberXV

NumberXV Newbie

Neat. Just asking how much bloatware is in it/How much is stock?

Curtis1973 likes this.
  4. Curtis1973

Nothing to bad. The usual stuff from Samsung and Google. Plus one or two apps by Virgin. All can be removed using temp root with King Root. I have mine fully debloated and using my own selected apps. Freed up around a gig or more of space.

5. Curtis1973

Heres a few screenshots.. I have already began to theme and customize my built in stock in the event Twrp and full root can be obtained. Twrp is being looked at by a friend who I think has the skills to port it from the Samsung Galaxy Grand Core Prime.

Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-36-34.png Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-36-31.png Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-37-03.png Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-38-45.png Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-37-14.png Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-37-25.png

greasemonky likes this.
  6. greasemonky

greasemonky Well-Known Member

That sounds great. I'm looking into getting this phone but waiting to see for root and twrp. Currently my stylo has root but no custom recovery. I can't be without root and in case I mess things up a custom recovery so i can have a backup lol

Curtis1973 likes this.
  7. Curtis1973

Same here. Root and Recovery or I won't stick with any Droid long.

8. Curtis1973

Have successfully tested firmware 5.1.1. Flashed via odin after full wipe of virgin mobile stock install. Everything works fine. Watch root section. Hope to have a repacked rom up with root and debloated,plain firmware unedited and maybe a firmware custom modded rom with root. Need to get firmware unpack and repack going properly. Never went the firmware route before nor am I fully familiarized with Samsung so wont be an over night process.

Also need to make sure the rooted and modded firmware variants cant receive and apply any updates that may lead to bootloops.

greasemonky likes this.
  9. NumberXV

NumberXV Newbie

Pick up the phone yesterday. Just disabled the bloat. Waiting for Custom Roms over here even though I knowthays going to be awhile. Stock isn't that bad.

Curtis1973 likes this.
  10. Curtis1973

ive been plugging away at root via boot and/or recovery but not really my area. but i can tell you this,it is going to be crucial to getting any development going. cf auto root or another compareable method will be needed. after that twrp and other things can begin. until then you can do a number of things your self like debloating the system using temp root via kingroot,some minor system customizing like rotation lockscreen vua editing framework. readding missing toggles in notification,replacing launcher and other things to optimize the device. temp root needs to be reactivated on each reboot.

dvdavid888 and NumberXV like this.
  11. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Android Enthusiast

I just got the Galaxy J3 Prime from Metro today. How can I tell if this is the correct thread? When I searched, I did not "Prime"? i.e. The name of this thread is "Samsung Galaxy J3" w/o "Prime". Mostly, I want to find a way to root this phone.

#11 TheEmpathicEar, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

It's been fully notated in the past that king root isn't a good viable scam-free, I don't understand why some people have the audacity to still recommend that in this forum, specially "advanced members"..in fact sounds like you are trying to impose it..please stop that!!!..
    Some one is here asking for help, let's give them a honest help..please do.

13. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Android Enthusiast

Hi, do U know if this is the correct "J3" thread for my phone? Is there something further on the packaging for this phone that would help me determine so? Or, do U know where else I could post to correctly identify my phone [this thread or elsewhere]?

Samsung Galaxy J3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J3 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 7570 Quad processor, and 2600mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews