1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question about PRL...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deno73, May 15, 2010.

1. deno73

deno73 Member

My wife and I got our phones at the same time,and the same place and activated at the same time, but I have moved on to leak v3 and she stayed 1.5 I've noticed her signal strength has always showed more bars even though when I look at our status its always equal around -88 dbm for both phones....but our PRL is different? I don't know a lot about how this works. But is this not the tower we are connected with? If that's the case if I found a way to switch to that tower would that mean the phone may show a stronger signal strength? The only reason I care is that I'm hoping maybe it would improve battery....thanks for any replies.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

with the leak v3 2.1 also the OTA official 2.1 same thing really, there is a bug with the signal bars being off, as you said both phones show the same -dBm, which is what you need to go by.. it will not effect the battery

3. deno73

deno73 Member

Just understand why the difference in PRL?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews