• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about PUK code

Ok, heres the deal..... I was gave the PUK code to unlock my phones sim card so that it can be used when I travel this summer to this little area that my phone service wont work in.....my problem here is that when gave the puk code, I wasnt told how to go about entering it. So if anyone knows.....please assist me in this matter.
Thank you for your time.

Called Net10 and was told to enter 1111 in sim setting. Did that. Was told to enter puk code when read to me. Did that. NOTHING HAPPENED.

For starters the puk was released after 4 months of service were paid for yet NEVER rendered (isnt that theft by fraud, my attorney said it is) and I had to involve my uncle who happens to be an attorney. I later entered codes again intentionally entering one digit wrong
Phone sim locked so I put in puk code emailed to me by Net10 customer service. .

Now says unregistered sim (but I'm able to use phone still yet with it)

Received new sim from straight talk today because i was informed via email in forum at straight talk that with my buying and activating a service card with them they'd send a sim f
Placed it in phone and get "sim not provisioned" message.

So i call straight talk tell them whats going on and was put through to TRACFONE only for my call to get cut off due to crazy self rebooting phone.

Im so friggin lost.

Upvote 0
Unlock of 1111 then puk.

I just want to unlock it so i can get rid of it and Net10 and buy a new unlocked phone before going on my trip :thinking:

There is a tutorial under "all things root" that will help you unlock that phone so you can use any SIM from around the world in that phone. You shouldn't have to get rid of the phone and get a new one...if you like that one. I'll see if I can find that tutorial. In the meantime, someone else might already know where it is (or you can do a forum search yourself) and post it here.

Upvote 0
There is a tutorial under "all things root" that will help you unlock that phone so you can use any SIM from around the world in that phone. You shouldn't have to get rid of the phone and get a new one...if you like that one. I'll see if I can find that tutorial. In the meantime, someone else might already know where it is (or you can do a forum search yourself) and post it here.

Id appreciate all the help I could get right now. Ive searched and am unable to locate it. Thank you hun, very sweet of you to assist me.

Upvote 0
Forgot to ask, which ZTE-Z990 do you have? Avail or Merit?

Zte Merit z990g no contract bought and paid for. .Thought if I owned my device then with good reasoning I could obtain Network unlock codes? Its not on contract with anyone, and I owe nothing. Damn thang was bought before everyone got im a up roar and passed that dumbass law..

I dont see what the big deal is. Should be able to decide what network, especially since they were taking payment for services they never gave me until about a week ago. Damn near half a year.

I dont think its right they are allowed to force customers to stay with their network, let alone legally rob us:(

Upvote 0
I found the link I used to unlock and root my phone, this was before they made a super-easy way of rooting it... If you DARE to try, then here ya go.

ZTE-Z990 Avail HowTo's - ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

Do I have to have a computer or pc? (Only thing around here I have axcess to is an old LG android, my sisters optimus dynamic, and my xbox - dont think I could use any to do whats needed.....can I?)

*stops foot* really really wish it were possible to allow remote axcess to someone thats capable of doing all this. When it comes to all this tech stuff.....well, lets just say Id be better off taking "android devices: complete guide to do all you wish you knew how to do, but cant. Dummies handbook." Lol Im a wiz at alot but when it comes to computers, componets, software, firmware.....Im beyond lost.

Reas somewhere sometimes flashing a new system ROM could unlock some phones. (Pray thats what it said, have to check again) Do you think its possible or accurate? Even so, Id need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it step by step.Ugh....I hate this.probably need to crack open some books huh?

Upvote 0
I found the link I used to unlock and root my phone, this was before they made a super-easy way of rooting it... If you DARE to try, then here ya go.

ZTE-Z990 Avail HowTo's - ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

Do I have to have a computer or pc? (Only thing around here I have axcess to is an old LG android, my sisters optimus dynamic, and my xbox - dont think I could use any to do whats needed.....can I?)

*stops foot* really really wish it were possible to allow remote axcess to someone thats capable of doing all this. When it comes to all this tech stuff.....well, lets just say Id be better off taking "android devices: complete guide to do all you wish you knew how to do, but cant. Dummies handbook." Lol Im a wiz at alot but when it comes to computers, componets, software, firmware.....Im beyond lost.

Reas somewhere sometimes flashing a new system ROM could unlock some phones. (Pray thats what it said, have to check again) Do you think its possible or accurate? Even so, Id need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it step by step.Ugh....I hate this.probably need to crack open some books huh?

Upvote 0
I believe all you really need are in these forums and those codes you have already acquired.

What you're needing is beyond me at this time, now it's time to hope someone like "out of ideas", stayboogy, or motorhead1991 will jump in and help.

Ive spoken to out of ideas a few times, he sent links to my twin for rooting and some custom ROMS (I believe she said it was) I've only read some of the works of stayboggy (really dying to try his easiest rooting method for the merit) and have yet the honor of speaking to either as of yet, but anxiously in this forum are brilliant. I hope to learn more about all of this, and look forward to speaking to them, and you again.

Thanks hun!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones