• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question about receiving picture messagesv

judov79

Nov 23, 2009
I am having trouble receiving pic text messages on my eris. It will ask me to download it and then it tells me it could not download. Another problem i am having is when i take a picture and try to send it it says file to big to send. Is there something that i can change in the settings to.cure this

I had the same issue with picture messages saying they were downloading, then never showing up. I was on the phone with VZW for about 40 minutes trying to figure out the problem. The tech had me factory reset the phone ... it didn't work and rendered my phone unable to receive SMS so I cancelled the phone on the account, then reactivated it about 10 minutes later. From then on it's worked just fine.

FWIW, I'm using Handcent. Much better than the native messaging client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones