1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about responsiveness...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gink, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

I got my NC two nights ago and immediately rooted it. I'm loving what it's capable of but I have some questions about the responsiveness of the screen.

--I've been reading an e-book using the NC reader, for the most part it works great. I gently tap the right side of the screen and the pages turn. But, everyonce in awhile (like maybe every 20 pages or so) I'll tap the screen and nothing happens. I'll tap it a few more times and still nothing happens. Then I'll try to flick it and eventually it will turn and sometimes it turns more than one page when I do that. Is it normal for it to freeze up like that every once in awhile? If it is then fine, but if it's not then I wonder if I have a hardware issue.

--Also, when I open up the Android Market and touch the search button in the top right corner it doesn't do anything about 98% of the time. Every once in a great while it will work but not very often. Anyone else notice this???

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Taylored

Taylored Android Enthusiast

I do not own a nook, but it sounds like bad hardware.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Anyone else experiencing this?? My daughter is getting one today for her 13th birthday and i plan to root it immediately.

Also think i'm gonna move this to the root section, see if any other rooted NC have experienced this.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert

If I'm not mistaken there are some issues with screen responsiveness around the edges. I believe I read that over at XDA and can confirm anything that's about an 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch from the edge of the screen is a bear to press. If I have time I'll link it.

5. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

That would certainly explain the search button in the Market.

I exchanged the nook last night and am having the same issue with the search button in the top corner. I can go to Menu > Search and that works fine. I still occasionally get stuck when flipping pages in the book but maybe not as often as before. FYI.

6. dhj

dhj Member

I was having problems turning pages with my rooted nook too. Nookdevs explains a fairly simple process for recalibrating the screen, and that made a huge improvement for me.

7. nathan312

nathan312 Android Enthusiast

Could you hit us up with a link?

8. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

9. dhj

dhj Member

Thanks Gink. I was traveling and and just now getting back to this!