• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about RETAIL return policy.

Teufel Hunden

Nov 3, 2009
Posted this in the vzw forum but it is like molasses over there. Don't think this one has been tackled yet (yes, I searched).

If I were to buy a phone at the retail price without a contract upgrade or extension, would I still be able to utilize the 30 day return policy, or even the exchange?

Also, what if I were to buy the phone from Walmart for retail, would this change anything?

Thanks in advance, I am really looking forward to an android phone but have serious "next big phone" issues...

Thing is.. is that I'm not due for an upgrade cause I thought the Blackberry tour wouldn't suck(stupid, I know) but I do want to keep the verizon service. I guess the big question is would I be able to exchange this for another phone if say they came out with another android phone in 30 days?

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Thing is.. is that I'm not due for an upgrade cause I thought the Blackberry tour wouldn't suck(stupid, I know) but I do want to keep the verizon service. I guess the big question is would I be able to exchange this for another phone if say they came out with another android phone in 30 days?

Thanks again

Yes you get the same 30 day WFG regarless or the price you pay when you purchase directly from Verizon. I purchased the Omnia at full retail $559 and then exchanged for the TP within 30 days. If you purchase at Best Buy or Wal-Mart ect. you are at their mercy for returns ;) . Go corporate IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones