• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about returns

What about the refund on the phone? I've already sent in my rebate. With they just cancel the rebate and give the full refund there minute restocking fee?

Not sure about that one. When I got mine, they specifically told me to wait 30 days to mail in the rebate, to see if i liked the phone first. They said if i were to send in the rebate and then try to take the phone back, they weren't required to take it back, and i wouldnt get the rebate.

Upvote 0
Not sure about that one. When I got mine, they specifically told me to wait 30 days to mail in the rebate, to see if i liked the phone first. They said if i were to send in the rebate and then try to take the phone back, they weren't required to take it back, and i wouldnt get the rebate.
Was that at a sprint corporate store? They didnt tell me that. I can't afford to let $100 just sit out there for 30 days.

I am pleased with Sprint service and the EVO, I just want to exchange it for one that doesn't have the screen peel issue. If they can't get me one before my thirty days is up, then theyll just have to take this one back and ill move to VZW for the Droid X.

Upvote 0
If they can't get me one before my thirty days is up, then theyll just have to take this one back and ill move to VZW for the Droid X.

I just talked to a manager yesterday, they are expecting new shipments this Friday the 2nd. BTW, if you are having a problem with the phone, take it into a sprint store and tell them about it. Even if they dont have one, they will put on on hold for you. As long as they KNOW about the problem before your 30 days are up, you will still get a replacement, even if they dont get one til after your 30 days are up.

Upvote 0
I just talked to a manager yesterday, they are expecting new shipments this Friday the 2nd. BTW, if you are having a problem with the phone, take it into a sprint store and tell them about it. Even if they dont have one, they will put on on hold for you. As long as they KNOW about the problem before your 30 days are up, you will still get a replacement, even if they dont get one til after your 30 days are up.

Thanks for the info Sitlet :)

Upvote 0

I went through this yesterday. I have a dead pixel, and called the Sprint number to ask about returning it to a store. Instead of returning it to a store, they started the return process.

Apparently a return kit is being mailed to me NOW, even though they don't have any other Evo's in stock. I have 35 days to return my original phone, and because I started the process within the 30 day window, they'll get me a new Evo no matter when it comes in. They told me to watch the website, and when I see it's in stock, call them to give them the correct info on where to send it.

At that point, when I get the new Evo, I can send the old one back. They're doing all this assuming I'll get the new Evo within 35 days.

At least this is how I understand things at the moment..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones