• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about rooting 2.2

kfox1087

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
Hey Guys, new to the board here. Anyway, my mom owns a Moto Droid 1 and I took it upon myself to update her to 2.2 (not OTA though). Anyway, she is super excited about the mobile wifi hot spot feature but I am not paying extra on our bill for something I can do on my rooted incredible for free haha. My question is can I still use the easy one click root like the one over at droid life (Easy Root, the Newest 1-Touch DROID Rooting App | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) or do I have to go back to 2.1 and then root? If I have to revert back to 2.1 can someone assist me on doing that? I'm very new to the whole rooting thing and even though I have a pretty good grasp on what I do on my incredible, I'm not familiar with hers at all.

My main concern is just being able to get her the wireless tether app that I have on my incredible.

Thanks in advance for any sort of help or guidance!

I always prefer to go the traditional SPRecovery route instead of using the Easy Root app. I just dont feel comfortable letting an app perform this in the background. Anyhow...

Load SPRecovery SBF using RSD Lite
Load rooted 2.2 rom, or grab any of the numerous customs out there
Install wifi tether for root from the market

There's a sticky thread with more details in the forums as well. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones