• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question about Rooting and Roms

batmandroid

Mar 2, 2011
I just had a few questgions abotu rooting and roms. i'm sure this sort of question gets asked alot. now, i know you could potentially brick your phone, and i know it voids your warranty. but are there any other dangers to rooting? is there a way i could have a backup so that unless i brick my phone, i could always go back to how things were? are there some apps i might have issues with?

I was also wondering what sorts of roms would be cool.

I saw some homescreens people had and they looked awesome. i saw miui, and that looks pretty cool as well from what i've seen, haven't checkd any other roms yet though really.

I really like the clean look some people had gone for, and consistency of icons on home screens.

What are best roms for me you think?

to me, the most important thing is useability, meaning convenience, ease of use, and most of all dependability. I like smooth and clean. miui, seemed to fit those criteria real well.

i like the idea of few colors as well, a nice tight clean color scheme. so idk, how much this is roms, or icon packs you can get, or what, but if add-ons or themes for roms is a thing than a nice variety of those would be a nice criteria for me as well. and stability with those also. also freeing up disk space and having a stable and working apps to sdcard feature as well.

I'm liking some of the possibilities i've seen with rooting, but i'm not sure if i really want to go through all that. so i really want to know what to expect before i go and do it. so also, anything you think would be good to know about rooting, i'd love to hear that too.

Read all the rooting faq's and guides here, it will answer alot of your questions. Yes rooting will void your warranty. Everything comes with a risk, but unless your flashing radios, it's quite difficult to get a true "brick" with the desire. I can't recommend you a rom as it's all down to personal preference. Hope this helps. Plenty of good friendly people here to help you out if you run into problems though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones