1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aus1n, Dec 21, 2012.

1. aus1n

aus1n Lurker

I have owned an lg connect for 8 months now. My phone was rooted and all was well until I dropped my phone and the screen broke. I paid the deductible for a new lg connect and just got it today. I have seen suggestions on these forums that most of the phones sent back from Metro are refurbished and that rooting a refurbished phone is somehow more dangerous and problematic than rooting a brand new phone. I was wondering if there is any truth to this...I dont want to mess this phone up...refurbished or not...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I haven't read anything like that here, wouldn't think a refurb would handle a root any differently than a new phone, but who knows... What software are you running on it, did they give you an updated handset?

*EDIT - Also, check your model number under the battery. You could possibly have received an MS840V replacement phone running the VV4 software, which may not have a root program anyway?

3. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

You can root it just the same but I think if you have to run the updater you have to use virtual machine updater. Although if your phone is ZVA I don't think so. If I remember correctly it's only for refurbished phones with either ZV8 or 9.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews