1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about selling a phone w/o yet paying the ETF...

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by froboy733, Dec 29, 2010.

1. froboy733

froboy733 Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have a question about selling my EVO, I hope this is the right area for this topic. I just recently terminated my Sprint contract early and have yet to receive the bill with the early termination fee. Will I be able to sell this phone now and will the buyer be able to activate it if I haven't yet payed the termination fee?

Advertisement

2. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

you might be able to get it activated on a new account for your "sucker".

but once you do not pay the EFT... they will mark the ESN on that EVO as no good.... that EVO will never be able to be used on "Sprint's official network."

The Sucker .. just got their-self an expensive paper weight! NOT COOL!!!!!

3. froboy733

froboy733 Newbie

Hey im not trying to screw anyone over, exactly the opposite I want to make sure whoever buys the phone can activate it no problem. I am going to pay my etf I just haven't been billed by sprint yet. But what your saying is that I need to wait for sprint to bill me and I need to pay it before I can sell my phone.

4. lornaevo

lornaevo Well-Known Member

How much are you looking to get?

5. froboy733

froboy733 Newbie

Around 300, its in perfect condition and has a full body invisible shield on it.

6. dan330

you should sell it asap.. if they release some secret phone at CES on Jan 9.
    your value may go down.

Go to sprint.. pay the eft.
    and put it on craigslist.org
    for $325 - $350.

7. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Android Enthusiast

That seems a little high when someone who has the full upgrade can get it for like $250 for a brand new Evo.

8. dan330

you have to factor in... the 2 yr Contract.

some just dont want to sign a long term contract..
    or can not because they dont have an upgrade yet!

9. froboy733

froboy733 Newbie

Im not very familiar with etfs but I was under the impression that I had to wait until sprint billed me for it, is that incorrect? If its possible to pay it sooner I would gladly do it because I would like to sell the evo and use the money to get the thunderbolt when it comes out.