1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about Shootme

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Raekwon, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Male
    US
    I asked in the gingerbread thread but got no answers so i'll make a separate post. The reason I asked in the other thread is because more than a couple people mentioned not being able to use shootme as a reason to not upgrade to GB. This is what I asked in the other thread-

Is its sole function to take a screenshot of your phones screen? If thats all it does why would sprint, htc, whoever not want it to work if your not rooted? Also, why is is so important to people that they would use that as their main reason not to update? It seems like a neat program I suppose, but in reality, fairly worthless. How often do you really screenshot your phone and who really cares what is on that screenshot besides you? And why can't you just look at your phone? it is yours after all. Do people save pictures of their phones as they change things like parents taking photos of their growing children? lol.

Advertisement

2. sikclown

sikclown Android Expert
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes it's sole function is to take a screenshot of your phone. That function does come in handy way more often than you would think and is actually just built into iOS (damn them!). Having said all of that it is a program that requires ROOT to work (this is listed right in the App description in the Market) and only worked on the Evo because of something in 2.2 that let it slip through the cracks which apparently 2.3.3 fixes (or breaks depending on who you ask). It sucks that it doesn't work anymore but people complaining about it are ridiculous because it wasn't supposed to work on Non-Rooted phones to begin with.