1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question about skins!, please help!,

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amanduhh13, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

Hi!,:D i have an htc wildfire s. i love the fact that we have skins, but im not so much " in to" the ones they have on Htc hub. I love the color pink.,and would love to have a pink skin. Unfortunately , when I download skins from google play, they are no where to be found in my phone. I've tried everything. :(
    Can someone please maybe explain Whut I'm doing wrong, or if the wildfire s suppprts them?

Thanks! :dontknow::dontknow::argh:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Skins in Google play are called launchers. You need the launcher apps before you install the different skins. My 2 favorite are Go launcher and ADW launcher. Check it out

3. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

Google play reads that they are for all sense devices. Says nothing about needing a launcher. My phone is not rooted. And I like everything about my phone, juss want to chsnge skin to pink. I'm so confused.

4. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Do you mean that you want the writings, battery & apps to be in pink?? If that's the case, you need to root the phone. THere is no other way.
    Which one in particular are you looking at? Give me the link and I'll tell you what is needed.

5. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

6. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

Oh, I want to thank you for taking time and helping me. So thanks vary much. You have no idea. I've been ripping my hair out over this. -.-

7. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Hey I actually like the link you gave at xda!! Thanks! I think I'll use it!
    For you to install it, it's pretty simple.
    First download 'Astro file manager'. That will allow you to install the skin you want. After that download the file that is in the xda forum and make sure the extension is .apk and not .zip. If it's .zip, just change it to .apk manually.
    Once downloaded, transfer it on the root of your SD card.
    Then open the Astro manager and long press the file you just transfered. It should give you an option to install.
    And voila! Once installed, you can use it!

Hit the thanks if it helped ;)

8. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

Whut do you mean by root of SD card? Should I be doing this on a computer?
    And thanks. :) xda actually has a lot of cool skins. If you'd like I can give you the link.

9. Amanduhh13

Amanduhh13 Lurker

Still nothing. What am I doing wrong? :(

10. senthamil

senthamil Well-Known Member

Hey,
    It's pretty simple. Just copy this Pink Passion.apk file on your sdcard.
    Then run any file explorer on your phone, select sd card go down and press long on that file, you will get a menu and select 'Install'. That's all.

11. MazerOne

MazerOne Newbie

I don't think this skin works with our wfs , because it's for hdpi phone ...

12. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Yeah usually it doesn't work but sometimes it does work

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews