• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about Sprint Delivery

carmendiva

Android Expert
Feb 11, 2010
New Yor
My neighbor wanted to know if he purchased the evo online at midnight or at least early friday morning does sprint do saturday delivery?

on the website it says free overnight delivery

but when i called into ask for him, the woman said because it says overnight that doesn't mean overnight...it means 2-5 business days.

So then i asked why would you say overnight if it doesn't mean it. It's false advertising.

I hear sprint reps are kind of stupid from reviews of read of the network so i figured AF ppl would know :)

thanks carmen

Well, it may take 2-5 days total for him to receive the phone from the time he ordered since today IS friday. It may take a day or so to process and ship out, and most shipping companies figure delivery days based on business weekdays.

edit:
via
Sprint website said:
Shipping Methods and Charges
All phone orders are delivered in 2-5 business days free of charge. For accessory orders that do not contain a phone, you may select from the following shipping methods:
Ground (delivered in 5-9 business days at a cost of $6.50)
2-Day (delivered in 3-6 business days at a cost of $8.50)
Overnight (delivered in 2-5 business days at a cost of $12.95)
so the lady is correct.

Upvote 0
I did the dumbest thing ever without realizing it.

I spent close 2 500 or so today buying an evo...actually i spent a full grand almost because i brought one for my dad as well.

But i forgot...my brother(whose line i am on) has 2 lines...one line has my hero and one line has my airave...

All i had to do was remove the airave from my account and buy one of the phones at 2 year pricing...which would've saved me 300 bucks :(

PS, i heard ppl were getting a bunch of different stories when they brought phones from both radio shack and bb

Upvote 0
Did you get a new line of service? Take it back, cancel it, cancel the airave, and put the Evo in it's place?

I had zero issues at BB other than the wait due to Sprint's system hitting a brick wall.

I had bought a Hero 2 weeks ago to hold me over. Took it back and exchanged for my Evo. Actually bought 3. BB matched RS's pre-order deal of $20 off accessories, so, got 3 cases for $1 each, paid for InvisiShield (which they put on all 3 Evo's free of charge) which got me 3 free plantronics 230 bluetooth devices. And also remembered to have them credit me the tax they charged for the gift cards before I left.. had a good day. :)

Hope you find a good solution!

Upvote 0
im taking it back tommorrow and going to sprint.
worse comes to worse i will just order offline and get in 2-5 days.

Now here is the weird thing.

My brother ported my number back to verizon temporarily(why idk.....)
my verizon account with my incredible will terminate on monday.

so i ported the number back to sprint...and now im eligible for a 150 dollar upgrade aka 2 year pricing.

So now i am going to take my evo back as well and then do an upgrade.

the reason this is bewildering is the fact that i signed up with sprint via my brother 4/30/10 yet how the hell am i up for an upgrade and its barely been a month

lol i even called to check and they said as of 6/1/10 im eligible for one...

i def wont complain lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones