1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about status bar toggles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jk81033, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jk81033

jk81033 Lurker

I am running Eclipse v1.3(ICS) on my Bionic. I was wondering what the different colors(grey/blue) in the status bar represent? I'm referring to the wifi and data toggles. When I switch from 4g to wifi or vise versa the color starts grey and then switches to blue. Does anyone know what the colors mean? When I turn off both wifi and data(3g/4g) my signal bars are grey and don't turn blue until I turn the wifi/data back on. I can't seem to find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

When that particular network connection is authenticated to your Google account (for syncing of mail, contacts, calendars, Google+, Google Drive, the Play Store, etc.), the color turns blue. When it's not authenticated, it turns white. So, when you have data off, obviously you don't have a connection to Google and it doesn't turn blue.

jk81033 likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews