• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about switchin carrier/phones

bloojays23

Lurker
Aug 13, 2012
Hi my phone recently started acting real funny, like turning off during phone calls, losing signals and all that. Some of the buttons an jamming up and require multiple hard presses to function right. It has been through a lot of hardship with me, so that may be why.

So I've decided to get a new phone and I'm in a bind right now. I am currently on a Family plan on Verizon with my parent's with a additional data plan for my phone. My brother recently switched over to AT&T for the IPhone from his Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2. I'm wondering if I could get use the Galaxy S2 with Verizon as it's carrier. And would I still be able to use the same plan I'm using now on the Galaxy S2? Or would a upgrade in the dataplan or something be required?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones