1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question about switching plans

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by MyUsernameRox, Nov 8, 2014.

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast

I'm currently on the 60 unlimited plan. Had a very serious expense come up this month and as a result need to cut as many corners as I can come the next month.

If I switch to the 40 dollar plan, will there be any charges to a) downgrade my plan, b) upgrade it back to the 60 dollar plan a month later?

Also, the $40 dollar plan says 1GB of high speed date. I browse websites on 2G usually, I only use LTE for YouTube and other such sites.

If I'm using 2G before I hit my data cap, will it count against me? How does the system know how to differentiate between what data connection you're on?

Hope those aren't silly questions, I appreciate your answers!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lexonight

lexonight Newbie

they might apply your balance to the 40$ plan, i just recently upgraded from the 50 to 60 and it cost me like 75 bucks mid-month.

personally i think the system knows by hooking into the usb/hotspot calls in a log file or something, the data caps get recycled at the begining of the monthly billing cycle you are on. They can top up your data for 5$ a gb

3. MyUsernameRox

My billing cycle starts every 4th. I won't be able to pay for a week. That's why I want to temporarily drop to the 40 dollar plan, it would be crazy to pay 60 bucks for about 3 weeks of service.

4. lexonight

lexonight Newbie

It is crazy we pay as much for service as it is lol I might drop to the 40 n add cable internet to my girls package lol

5. MyUsernameRox

What balance? I was on the 60 dollar plan, my cycle starts on the 4th. I was shut off in the 5th, so I've had no service since.

My question is, when I pay in a week, will they let me pay 40 to change to that plan for the remainder of the month, seeing as how I'll only have two weeks left in the month, without changing any other fees?

6. confed

confed Android Expert

According to their FAQs, no. After you are late by 2 or more days they can give your phone number to another customer. As this is a prepaid service, there is no prorating. If you want to pay $40 and reset your due date, you well most likely receive a new number. If you want to keep your number and due date, you will have to pay the total for your rate plan. I suggest doing it over the phone to avoid the in-store fees. I would call to reactivate service at the $40 plan on your old number and see what they can do for you. Let is know how it works out and good luck!

MyUsernameRox likes this.