• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about the boot animations from Frunisher

flyinjoe13

Android Enthusiast
May 18, 2010
I really like the Droid Eye boot animation that came with Frunisher and would like to try and make it the boot animation on my Incredible. Would anyone know if it is possible to take that boot animation and install it on another phone? Or has it been formatted in some way only to work on the Ally?

I really like the Droid Eye boot animation that came with Frunisher and would like to try and make it the boot animation on my Incredible. Would anyone know if it is possible to take that boot animation and install it on another phone? Or has it been formatted in some way only to work on the Ally?

I think if its the same resolution which they are both wvga it will work

Upvote 0
the bootanimations are stored on the sdcard in .frunisher/boot or something like that. the boot animatioin droideye is droideye.zip and it goes in /system/media /system/customize or /data/local it could be in any of those 3 spots. if you find a bootanimation.zip you found where the droideye.zip should go. just make sure to name it bootanimation.zip

Reactions: flyinjoe13
Upvote 0
how can i remove the "bones promises, both break" sound file from the boot up?

i have tried bootani and i still get the sound file playing.

Once you install the script update, you need to open a terminal, grant "su" permission, then use "bootsndtoggle", then type "0" (that's zero) to turn it off. This is all explained in the Frunisher thread.

However, if you have root explorer, you can find and remove the boot sound from /system/media. I went in and changed it out with the stock notification tone. =)

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0
Once you install the script update, you need to open a terminal, grant "su" permission, then use "bootsndtoggle", then type "0" (that's zero) to turn it off. This is all explained in the Frunisher thread.

However, if you have root explorer, you can find and remove the boot sound from /system/media. I went in and changed it out with the stock notification tone. =)

Hope this helped.
Guys, that worked! Thx for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones