1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about the gsm S3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by thefowlerfam, Feb 6, 2014.

1. thefowlerfam

thefowlerfam Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    self employed
    Holiday, FL
    I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this but I'm getting the new MetroPcs gsm S3 today and was wondering since it's a gsm phone will I be able to use it out of my area or is it still like Metros CDMA phones? Also if it matters it will be rooted by this afternoon. Any suggestions on a ROM to use?

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

I see you have already posted the same question in the S3 metro PCS gsm forum. Thats the right place! :) This questions forum is really for people who have not yet registered and dont know where to ask their questions.

As far as roaming with a gsm phone, it should work elsewhere if Metro PCS have a roming agreement with the carrier in the current area. You may be able to swap the sim for one from another network IF you get the phone carrier unlocked.

Roger

thefowlerfam likes this.
  3. ThatBlackWolf

ThatBlackWolf Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    South Florida
    Hey there, if you could, would you mind telling me the steps, in order to how you flashed a rom onto your phone successfully if it works for you, or tell me what rom your using.

4. thefowlerfam

thefowlerfam Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    self employed
    Holiday, FL
    Well I just came home with my new gsm S3. I went to jump on the computer to root it and found out that my 2 year-old son got on my laptop & now its not turning on. So I'm going to have to wait to root it. To flash a ROM, 1st your phone has to have root access and either clockwork mod recovery or a custom recovery. Download the ROM & gapps (if necessary) reboot the phone into recovery and from there flash the ROM. Sometimes you'll have to do a factory data wipe, but it's not always the case.