1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question about the Messaging App on the SGS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wobble99, Jul 25, 2011.

1. wobble99

wobble99 Member
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    UK
    I have an Orange SGS running Froyo. Up until recently, when I started the Messaging App, it would go to a page listing my contacts and I could select the person I want to text. Now it goes to a different screen which shows a list of "conversations" I have had in the past. It is possible to get to the contacts from there but it is takes many more key presses.

Can anyone tell me how I can back to the previous mode? I'm not aware of changing anything and I can't find any relevant settings in the menus.

Advertisement

2. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Network Manager
    NW England
    To best of my knowledge SGS has always shown the previous messages with the recipients/senders name.

Of course you can always choose new message at the top and then select the contacts.

3. wobble99

wobble99 Member
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    UK
    It's strange because all the online guides show it working like it does now. I'm certain that mine had another screen before the list of previous messages. From this I could send texts quickly.
    Yes. However it takes more key presses and is less easy to use than before. I was hoping to find a way to restore it back to how it used to work.

4. androidmog

androidmog Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Mine has always gone to conversations first. However, if you want to minimise keystrokes don't open "Messaging" but go first to "Contacts", scroll to desired contact, swipe the contact from right to left, it will turn orange and automatically open up the keyboard so you can type the text and send it.

5. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Network Manager
    NW England
    As Mog says this is a way of sending a message with a few inputs.

One advantage of the previous conversations is that it's likely you're contacting someone you've already messaged and just tapping this will allow you to send a new message easily.