1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Question about the "phone button" for ICS/Dinc 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tedred1339, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Tedred1339

Tedred1339 Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Hi everyone -- I still have the original incredible, and honestly it works great still, but strongly thinking about upgrading to the 4g, because I like its size, etc.

My question is, I like the large "phone" or dialer button on the bottom of each screen on my old incredible, b/c its easier for me to hit a larger button to initiate a phone call rather than push one of 4 small little boxes that seem to be standard for Ice Cream Sandwich devices.

On all of the ICS devices, it seems that there are the 4 boxes at the bottom (one for all apps, one for phone calls, etc) and I was wondering if you can customize this phone to have the old "large dialer" button at the bottom of each screen, the way it is on the Incredible 1 and 2.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but would like someones help to see if it can be easily customized in this way.....I do not want to root the phone, if that helps.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. nikon858

nikon858 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    You can find different launchers that will do what you want. In reality you will probably get used to it. But you can change it, no root required.

3. mimmic

mimmic Member
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    I don't know of another launcher that uses a big phone button like the old sense did. You could just put 4 phone icons down there....

Just remember if you use another launcher other than sense, you will loose a lot of the sense functionality with widgets etc.