1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Question about the plastic back of the Transformer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geronimo1958, Jul 25, 2011.

1. geronimo1958

geronimo1958 Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    I was at Office Depot yesterday examining the Transformer. It seemed solid overall. One thing I did notice concerned me. I wanted to see if the people that actually have the device experience the same issue.

When holding the Transformer in landscape mode I notice what I thought was a large amount of give in the plastic back behind the upper left corner near the power and volume controls. When gripped the plastic actually created a clicking sound. It was as if something that was suppose to support the plastic back was missing or damaged. I have not seen this mentioned on this forum. Probably due to it being a demo unit that get beat on pretty good??

Anyone out there seen this??

Advertisement

2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    mine does not have this, however mine has 3 spots of light bleeding on the screen, all on the bottom and by the notification area.

3. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    The tablet is not the sturdiest out there. I haven't had any issues with mine, but I baby it. i put it into a sleeve into a netbook case, and really haven't had any problems. But I can see how people have complained of creaking if it gets bent or twisted.

4. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    Mine is extremely solid. No creaks or anything cheap feelling. When ckg out the Thrive, GT and the Transformer, the Transformer seemed the most solid to me, followed by the Thrive, with the GT the cheapest feel IMO

5. ericDylan

ericDylan Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    i am sure the display unit was an early harware version. I am sure asus has done some minor tweaks to address small problems after the first wave of devices ship out.

i recently bought mine and have no creaks or give at all... i actually think the textured back is a more high end look/feel than the galaxy tab, but still not quite up to snuff with the aluminium back on my ipad 2.

6. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Same here, i think the early ones were the problem children

7. rasak

rasak Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    Just picked mine up about a week or so ago. Clicks quite a bit on both sides between the black glass and grey sides.

8. jpcavri

jpcavri Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I fuly agree! The first time I hold the transformer, the click close to the on of and volume buttons was pr