• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about tmo/metro MM flashing options

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
I believe there is a kdz floating around for the marshmallow update for the tmo varient (but not metro pcs)

I maybe be impatient ( for all i know they'll start pushing the update for metro after they finish pushing out the updates for tmo users) but instead of flashing 10j tmo version and then updating twice.

Wouldnt it be easier (assuming this is possibly without a brick) to just flash the existing tmo mm kdz on the metro varient? Or is there some limitation that prevents this?

I ask because i dont have home internet so i rather download the least amount of updates and shoot from 5.1.1 straight to MM with as little extra steps as possible for sake of my mobile data (yes i realize mm is a 750+ mb update)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones