• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about transferring data/apps

hal1

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2009
When getting a new android device, like the Incedible, what do I need to do to transfer notes and stuff (from my DROID). I'm guessing, it'll just carry over everything (contacts and such) that is in my Google gmail account.

But what about market apps.

Also, how do I wipe (blackberry term) my Droid before selling it?

Anything else I need to keep in mind when getting my new device

For your notes you'll want to export them to your sd card, and just use that sd card w/ your new device.

The apps that you paid for will still be available for you to download when you get your new device. You'll just go into the market, click my downloads, and all the paid apps will be there.

For the free ones, just back them up to your sd card using an app such as AppControl. Or one of the other apps like it. When you get your new device you can install those apps from you sd card.

To "wipe" your phone simply go into settings. Scroll down and click on sd card & storage. You'll see where it says factory data reset. Click that, and then click reset phone.

As far as your contacts and calendar events, as long as you sync them with your gmail account, then you should be fine.

Reactions: hal1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones