1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Question about typing apostrophe words I'll, I'm, We'll, etc.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nightrain, Feb 18, 2011.

1. nightrain

nightrain Newbie

I just switched over to the Droid X from my Original Motorola Droid yesterday and for the most part, I love the phone. One problem I'm having that I REALLY can't stand, though, is that it doesn't seem like there's a shortcut for with apostrophes in them. For example, on the Original Droid if you just typed "Il" it would convert it to "I'll," same thing with "Wel" to "We'll," etc. and so on. Did they get rid of this from the Droid X? I just can't believe there's not an easier way to write words like I'll, it used to be so simple on the OG Droid.

BTW, I'm using the multi-touch keyboard.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Android Enthusiast

I'm not sure about a true answer here -- I use swype and it automatically throws in apostrophes. Might give that a shot. Sorry I don't know more.

3. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

I also use Swype. However the multi keyboard does show optional words. I tested it and when I entered "Ill" several choices were shown. The second choice was "I'll". Hope this helps.

4. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

It works on mine too. Check your multi-touch keyboard settings and see if "Show Suggestions" is checked. If so, it should show up with several suggested words as you type and "I'll" is the 2nd one as ChiefHopper said.