• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about vibrate types

Vanquish3r

Lurker
Jan 21, 2013
Hey all, new to the forum and in need of some help.

I apologize if this has come up before, but I did a quick search and didn't find anything relevant in the last couple of years.

Regarding vibrate "types" for the LG Viper 4G LTE - the only options I seem to have are very intense, repeating and obnoxious vibrate types. Not exactly ideal for a text where I just want a quick, polite vibrate. I am under Settings > Sound > Vibrate Type > (Vibrate type 1, Vibrate type 2, Vibrate type 3, Vibrate type 4)

It's confusing because some apps just vibrate how they want to regardless of this setting (Google Talk, Gmail) while 'Messaging' uses whatever this is set to.

I'm not sure if this is specific to LG skinning of android or what exactly. I am running ICS (4.0.4)

I would really prefer to not mess with 3rd party apps for this, though FWIW I did download "Lightflow" only to find out that it doesn't support LG devices (except for the Nexus 4). Go figure.

Let me know if this should be somewhere else.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones