• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about warranty.

sekrit

Nov 18, 2009
A few days after getting my current/second Droid, I was locked out of the phone because the forgot pattern feature does not work properly. I had to take it to the store and have the rep factory reset it, deleting all of my unread messages and other stuff. A few days ago, I had the phone get into a weird state, where apps would work properly, but I was not able to access the home screen. After the recent update, I had my phone completely freeze on me. However, there is a small crack on the screen at the top left corner -- only a couple millimetres cover the actual display. I was wondering if this would hurt my chances of a replacement, as the phone does seem to be defective, regardless of the physical damage. Thank you.

How do you keep breaking your DROID?

Well, the first one would constantly freeze, so I had it changed after a couple of days. The second one is not *as* bad, but when it does freeze, it requires me to pull the battery out. As for the crack, it's really not that bad, but it happened when I got out of my car with the phone on my lap.

Anyhow, the freezing is not something I can reproduce as it happens randomly. The "forgot unlock pattern" not working is reproducable however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones