1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Question about warranty.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sekrit, Dec 9, 2009.

1. sekrit

sekrit Member

Nov 18, 2009
    A few days after getting my current/second Droid, I was locked out of the phone because the forgot pattern feature does not work properly. I had to take it to the store and have the rep factory reset it, deleting all of my unread messages and other stuff. A few days ago, I had the phone get into a weird state, where apps would work properly, but I was not able to access the home screen. After the recent update, I had my phone completely freeze on me. However, there is a small crack on the screen at the top left corner -- only a couple millimetres cover the actual display. I was wondering if this would hurt my chances of a replacement, as the phone does seem to be defective, regardless of the physical damage. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. DroidDid

DroidDid Member

Dec 8, 2009
    How do you keep breaking your DROID?

3. sekrit

sekrit Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Well, the first one would constantly freeze, so I had it changed after a couple of days. The second one is not *as* bad, but when it does freeze, it requires me to pull the battery out. As for the crack, it's really not that bad, but it happened when I got out of my car with the phone on my lap.

Anyhow, the freezing is not something I can reproduce as it happens randomly. The "forgot unlock pattern" not working is reproducable however.

4. gimpygoo

gimpygoo New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    If the Rep at the store can see the crack in the screen, most stores will not replace your droid.