1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question About Weaknesses

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Dhuem, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Dhuem

Dhuem Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    Do Pokemon Weaknesses play a role in this game version?
    Have to ask since they aren't listed in the game.

Advertisement

2. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    Yes, a Pokemon's defensive type is indicated by their background on the info screen. Moves do not have a type listed, but follow the conventions of traditional pokemon games. Newer players are at a knowledge disadvantage here, as the attacks can indeed deal increased or lessened damaged based on type. With a type advantage, it becomes possible for a 100 cp to take on a 200 cp pokemon with relative ease.

3. ciresiuol123

ciresiuol123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    Yes, my 1164cp Vaporeon has taken out many 1400+ Flareons and other fire types without really taking any damage... Snorlax always stops me, though... Can't believe how many people have those at such high cp...

4. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    I'm not sure, but I believe normal types are weak to fighting type, so a Primeape with a fighting move could help, if you can get it high enough. It's truly ridiculous how strong some of those snorlax's are, no idea how someone get's those in such a short time.

5. Dhuem

Dhuem Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    Late response: Was trying to figure out if the game is a numbers game or is there some strategy involved.
    but i can see now after watching quite a few videos on youtube and reading what you guys said. Their are
    weaknesses.

Thanks for the info.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    I'm gonna find them all before I evolve or fight. You're guys are gonna so kick my butt.

7. ReaperNM

ReaperNM Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Here's a chart I found when I was browsing the millions of Pokémon reddit threads. You really can find so much useful info there, and a lot of troll garbage too though, so just be smart and test things out before you jump head first into something! Again I've Never played a Pokémon game before so I'm not sure if the chart is 100% accurate, but I do use it and it seems to be 100% accurate so far. Now when you have a Pokémon with 2 types in the battle, things will obviously change to match both types meaning you could do like up too 6 times your regular damage to certain Pokémon, that's why in some of those gym battles you get wrecked so fast, or vice versa :D! Hope this helps!
    Pokemon type vs type chart.png

8. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    In response to the weakness chart, I heard from somewhere that the ratios may have been altered for pokemon go, i.e. only 20% reduction/increase. Only a rumor i've heard though, it would be nice if PKMN Go had some easier to read numbers so we could test better.