• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About Weaknesses

Yes, a Pokemon's defensive type is indicated by their background on the info screen. Moves do not have a type listed, but follow the conventions of traditional pokemon games. Newer players are at a knowledge disadvantage here, as the attacks can indeed deal increased or lessened damaged based on type. With a type advantage, it becomes possible for a 100 cp to take on a 200 cp pokemon with relative ease.

Upvote 0
Here's a chart I found when I was browsing the millions of Pokémon reddit threads. You really can find so much useful info there, and a lot of troll garbage too though, so just be smart and test things out before you jump head first into something! Again I've Never played a Pokémon game before so I'm not sure if the chart is 100% accurate, but I do use it and it seems to be 100% accurate so far. Now when you have a Pokémon with 2 types in the battle, things will obviously change to match both types meaning you could do like up too 6 times your regular damage to certain Pokémon, that's why in some of those gym battles you get wrecked so fast, or vice versa :D! Hope this helps!
Pokemon type vs type chart.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones