1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question about why my phone changed screens!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rosky71, Jul 19, 2011.

1. rosky71

rosky71 Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    OK so I have my thunderbolt and absoloutley love it, I havent updated it yet, but it tries to get me to everyday. But i do have the stock news application on my phone and added the blog i am subscribed to through blogger(a google based server) and i have the widget on so i get the updates. but now at least 2-5 times a day my phone will just randomly go to my subsriptions page which shows the one im subscirbed to. I just wanted to know why it does this and if i can make this stop. thank you for your time and answers

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Could you accidentally be hitting the widget causing it to launch?

Why haven't you updated yet the latest update actually fixed many things

HookEmHorns*UT* likes this.
  3. rosky71

rosky71 Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    i dont think its that im hitting thr widget as it happens randomly throughout the day it could be while im texting, web browsing, otr jst have it sitting there on the home screen. and i havent updated yet because my phone hasnt had all that many problems with it, yea ive had 1 or 2 resets since i had it, and my gps lock is terrible and now this random subscription thing is happening but thats only been since i added the widget and the blog to my accounts. and i was just afraid to update because i kept hearing if you dont have any major problems dont update. so you tink its a good idea to just update it?

4. dachillfx

dachillfx Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    The latest update is much improved. I would say the only real downside to some, not necessarily myself since I hardly used it is, the free mobile hotspot. As yeahha stated it fixes problems you could potentially run into later. On top of the fixes it admittedly addresses, many others as well as myself, have experienced better battery efficiency. Well worth the update, and suppose you don't, how would that decision affect the GB upgrade, that is imminent? Take it all in consideration.

5. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    I definitely recommend updating. The latest Thunderbolt software version is very, very solid.

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I agree, the update is supposed to be very stable, I haven't heard anyone have any real issues with the latest OTA, besides the people who think if they don't take it they can keep the free tethering.