1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Question about Widgetlocker

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bigbabys, Aug 2, 2011.

1. bigbabys

bigbabys Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Personal Account Manager
    Largo, FL
    I'm thinking about dropping the 2 bones for widgetlocker but I have some questions before I do.

1. I tried a lockscreen replacement in the past, and pressing "home" would completely bypass the lock screen. Is this an issue with widgetlocker?

2. Can I literally add any widget I want to the lockscreen? My main intention is to add the ubermusic widget since I switched to this from winamp and I miss my lockscreen controls.

3. Is it stable? It seems like apps that tinker with the lockscreen tend to be unstable (for example I had handscent be able to unlock the phone for message popups, but it would frequently reboot the phone when trying to do this)

4. Will it slow down my phone? What is the memory usage like? My phone is a little bogged down because I have Watchdog, Lookout, Juicedefender, AND Tasker all running and if this is going to significantly slow down my unlocking experience I would rather avoid it.

Edit: Reviews on the app store mention battery life drain, if this is a factor I would like to know as well

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    1) It's not an issue, but there is a setting for this (to allow button presses to unlock or not).

2) Widgets you have downloaded should all work. I think HTC Sense widgets, for example, don't.

3) Yes.

4) I have all of those running and WL, and my phone isn't slow. Not sure why you feel yours is slow.

No battery drain for me. Lots of people blame battery drain on a app without any good reason or evidence. They don't check what is actually using the battery, they just "feel I had better battery life before installing this app" which is not a good way to evaluate since your usage habits likely changed immediately after downloading an app.

bigbabys likes this.
  3. bigbabys

None

Nov 11, 2009
    Personal Account Manager
    Largo, FL

Thanks for the reply! :) I don't really blame those apps for slowing my phone down, but my overall experience has declined lately and I can't really pinpoint the issue. I was just concerned this would be the nail in the coffin. I might be rooting tonight (I made a thread about it in the all things root section) and maybe that will help.

4. LNMoton

LNMoton Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    South Carolina
    The only issue i have is that it locks up my phone sometimes. I haven't used it since. I might use it in the future once it gets better. It also lags a little. Other than that it's a great app to customize your lockscreen.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    No problems and no issues for me. This is my lock screen ...

[​IMG]

6. bigbabys

None

Nov 11, 2009
    Personal Account Manager
    Largo, FL
    that looks nice!

lunatic59 likes this.