• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about wifi hotspot performance

c4pt x

Jun 25, 2010
Chicago
How does either the sprint or verizon wifi hotspot option compare to a real broadband connection? I'm assuming the speeds would be poorer but I want to hear from a personal account first. If the 3g performance is exceptional i may just drop my comcast cable modem given the droid x can support up to 8 wireless devices.

the mifi option on the x will be good for up to 5 devices and speeds will be the same as useing the regular mifi or aircard it is going to be Rev A so speeds will be 800kb to 1.5mb sec on the 3g network. as far as dumping your comcast for the mifi option. the speeds are fast for mifi bt not even close to having cable internet. bt then again im used to my 20mb. iv used it on the pre plus worked good and i could stream videos bt really drained the battery on the phone. the other thing to think about is how much do you use your internet cause with the tethering you are limited to 5gb for aircards and mifi. with the x iv heard it will be limited to 2gb data transfer per month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones