1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

question abt the lenova S6000

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Moses614, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Moses614

Moses614 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    I currently have a (7 inch) Lenovo Thinkpad or Ideapad....sorry I don't rememeber which it's called, but it's an A1000. I find the processor too slow to really run into-the-screen games with the resolution turned up to a decent level. I need not need that resolution turned up all the way, I'd just like to turn it up more. That and I need a tab with a 10 inch screen. I am going to go blind working with this eye-straining 7 inch screen day after day. This is strictly a starter/backup tab, and that's fine but I've grown tired of it for daily use.

I am probably going to replace it with a Lenovo S6000, so my question is: does anyone, from personal experience, know that the S6000 can run such things faster? Yeahyeahyeah I know what the specs are, I've seen what the specs say, but I want to know if, in the real world, that amounts to actual faster speed, because often, it doesn't. Though, granted, that's not because the manufacturers are lying to you, it's because all those computers that have dual or even quad-core processors....? Are not even using one or more of them in most cases because programs/apps have to be specifically made to use both of them, and the developers often don't bother to write their software to do that.

And while we're at it, is the screen any better? The screen on the 1000F sucks so bad t could pull a hard boiled egg through a mile-long garden hoese, and yes it's okay if you use that. You owe me no royalties.

Thanks, shalom,

Jeff S.

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums. This thread was moved to the sub-forum where device comparisons are discussed.

... Thom