• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question : Does your handset speaker buzz??

Lamebirdy

Lurker
Dec 12, 2011
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone else has a buzzing from the phone handset speaker when talking on the phone. It only occurs on the louder few clicks of the volume, but if I turn down the volume till I don't hear it anymore it becomes damn near impossible to hear the other person on the line. Just wondering if this is a known problem or if I should take it back to Verizon and have it replaced. Thanks guys.

Mine did the same thing at higher volumes. If I was around 50% volume and talking to someone with a low voice it would buzz too. I compared it to a display model and while the display model would slightly buzz at high volumes, mine was more kazoo-like. I exchanged it and the new one is better. At the loudest one or two clicks it will occasionally buzz slightly like the display, but it sounds clear overall and rarely buzzes like my first one. At that volume it's way too loud for me anyway.

Upvote 0
This is a hardware related issue, mine does NOT buzz, even at 100% volume.
This is a common hardware issue that can occur with any cellphone make/model.
Defective electronic hardware happens...
*611 and have Customer Care notate the problem, and then head to your VzW for a NEW replacement.

My only worry is that the floor model I listened to sounded very similar. Maybe they came from the same batch...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones