• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question for all u Android experts..

Crimson01

Apr 2, 2010
My wife's EVO Shift has the HTC software update (I guess 2.76.651.6) listed for her phone, but for whatever reason, I can't get it to download over WIFI. It will sit and spin on it for hours, but never downloads anything. I have rebooted, and checked for updates, and it lists that same recent version as available. It always says downloading but never completes, or makes any progress.

My guess is that she started it and dropped the connection before it was finished, and now her update mechanism/folder whatever is corrupted. Any ideas how I can correct this?

Open to suggestions...

That's strange the download won't take. You haven't by any chance rooted or temp rooted and removed any system apps? If so, those are needed to install ota's. Beyond that I'm not real sure..

You can try running the RUU from here [ROM]Speedy Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers. The only problem with running the RUU instead of taking the ota, you'll lose all data/apps/settings with the RUU. Just make sure you download the RUU marked RUU_Speedy_S_Sprint_WWE_2.76.651.6_Radio_1.08.00.0506_NV_

If you haven't rooted and you don't want to lose any apps/setting I would suggest a visit to the local Sprint store.

Upvote 0
That's strange the download won't take. You haven't by any chance rooted or temp rooted and removed any system apps? If so, those are needed to install ota's. Beyond that I'm not real sure..

You can try running the RUU from here [ROM]Speedy Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers. The only problem with running the RUU instead of taking the ota, you'll lose all data/apps/settings with the RUU. Just make sure you download the RUU marked RUU_Speedy_S_Sprint_WWE_2.76.651.6_Radio_1.08.00.0506_NV_

If you haven't rooted and you don't want to lose any apps/setting I would suggest a visit to the local Sprint store.

Yeah, I guess so. No I've never rooted any of the EVO's. I have EVO 4G, wife & daughter have the shift. My daughters took the update no prob. For some reason my wifes shift has always been kinda glitchy, drops calls a lot too. Oh well thanks for your reply! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones