• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question for anyone who owns/uses a TouchPad

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2010
I'm thinking of giving one to my mother for Christmas.

Her favorite game to play on her computer is Spider Solitaire. She also likes to play Bubble Breaker, 10 Pin Shuffle (a bowling type of game) and Skee-Ball on my iPad.

Can anyone tell me if these games are available in the Touchpad App Store? If so, are they free?

Also, will she be able to check her email on the Touchpad? (her email is through Comcast)

Come Christmas, you're not going to be able to find a Touchpad at a decent price. If you can't get it for the $99/$149 price I'd pass. As it is there are very, very few apps for it and I don't see that getting dramatically better between now and Christmas. It's not a great gaming platform IMO. Come Christmastime if you can get an Amazon tablet for $250 and it'll run any of the games in the Amazon app store, then that will be the way to go.

Upvote 0
Well I already got it, I'm just trying to decide if it would be worthwhile giving it to my mother or not. I was hoping someone here who has access to the HP App store could verify if they have these games available or not, and if they are free or paid.

If someone could check for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones