1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Question for Meebo users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Heliotropic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Heliotropic

Heliotropic Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Utah
    For those of you that use (or had used) Meebo, what have you experienced for battery usage? Im assuming it stays running in the background and therefore not letting the phone "sleep" when it's not in use, right? How much noticable difference in battery drain have you been able to see between keeping it running all day and not using it at all?

Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement

2. condog

condog Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    The difference is ridiculous. I once went from 89% to 13% after talking a little bit(30 minutes total maybe) and just letting it sit for 3 hours. The battery usage is insane! Be sure to turn it off when your not using it.

3. Heliotropic

Heliotropic Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Utah
    Has anyone had any luck with other IM apps that don't eat up the battery? Ones that can be left running? Having to turn off/on an Instant Messenger kinda takes out the "instant" part of it.

And speaking of "non-instant", I'm supprised we haven't seen an app that can push Google Voice SMS yet. It seems to be in demand. But I guess that's another thread for another day...:)

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord

Any app that doesnt allow the phone to sleep will eat the battery quickly ... this includes all messinging apps. eBuddy does have an option where it checks for new IM's every 15 minutes, and that does help quite a bit ... but than its not instant.