• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for my fellow X-Men

Thought i'd use that term cause i heard it in this forum before lol. But i need some advice from you guys seeing as we all most likely are loving the DX. I got mine back in august off craigslist for 160 and a OG Droid trade and i still love the heck out of this phone and actually don't want to let it go. I can use my upgrade at any time and i'm pretty sure i want to upgrade soon and here's my problem. I'm a real hardcore phone gamer i guess you can say and the xperia play is my dream phone, but its not a real significant upgrade for me. I know that i'd love it if i got it, but i'm so caught up in this dual core craze it's insane. The speed of that galaxy s2 makes me just want to hold off for something that will radically change day to day multi tasking.

What i'm basically asking is should I
a.Hold on to the X for the next couple months to wait for something more advanced on Verizon(targa?)
b.Get the Xperia play which isn't more advanced than the X but has controls that a gamer like me dreams of or
c.Keep the X and stop acting like i need better right now LOL.

Thought i'd use that term cause i heard it in this forum before lol. But i need some advice from you guys seeing as we all most likely are loving the DX. I got mine back in august off craigslist for 160 and a OG Droid trade and i still love the heck out of this phone and actually don't want to let it go. I can use my upgrade at any time and i'm pretty sure i want to upgrade soon and here's my problem. I'm a real hardcore phone gamer i guess you can say and the xperia play is my dream phone, but its not a real significant upgrade for me. I know that i'd love it if i got it, but i'm so caught up in this dual core craze it's insane. The speed of that galaxy s2 makes me just want to hold off for something that will radically change day to day multi tasking.

What i'm basically asking is should I
a.Hold on to the X for the next couple months to wait for something more advanced on Verizon(targa?)
b.Get the Xperia play which isn't more advanced than the X but has controls that a gamer like me dreams of or
c.Keep the X and stop acting like i need better right now LOL.

Well the thing is, it's not like this is the "big release" year for cellphones... EVERY year is a "big release" year, with new phones coming out constantly. So you can upgrade now and get something better, you can upgrade in a year and get something even better. You can upgrade in six months and get something that's better than what's out now but not as good as what's coming out in a year.

So I guess the easy answer is-- wait as long as you possibly can, and when you can't stand it anymore, upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones