• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question for people who just recently got there evo's

DroidDavi

Mar 17, 2010
I am waiting for best buy to get my evo. I have rooted my g1 and flashed many roms. But what i want o know is are the new evo's being shipped with 2.2? I want to read up so i know how to do it. The process for 2.1 is simple 2.2 isnt hard just longer. Thanks for any and all help

I am waiting for best buy to get my evo. I have rooted my g1 and flashed many roms. But what i want o know is are the new evo's being shipped with 2.2? I want to read up so i know how to do it. The process for 2.1 is simple 2.2 isnt hard just longer. Thanks for any and all help
New EVOs are shipping with 2.2 so start reading!

Reactions: DroidDavi
Upvote 0

My wife was able to root my stock 2.2 EVO by doing a adb push to downgrade the phone down to 2.1, installed unrevoked3, then unrevoked forever, amonRA Recovery and then finally a rooted stock 2.2 by watching and following a step by step guide on this website.

How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with Froyo 2.2 [Video Walkthrough] | The Droid Demos

If you scroll down, there's a part I and part II, she watched both videos once all the way through before starting. She did exactly as instructed and had my EVO rooted with Wireless Tether within a half an hour. There are written instructions over at XDA Developers by the person who was able to give us this guide but the video was better for people who need visual aid to walk them through:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G

Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones