• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for those of us jonesin for a Spirit...

So.

Whacha gon do 'bout it? :thinking:

I Really don't like mail in rebates and companies that micro-critique (to try and sleeze out of payin' up) and nuclur delay payin' up make me even MORE rabid. So Metro can sod right off with their rebate deal in my book.

Wirefly NOW is more like it, someone said the other day within $5 of what they paid at Metro after rebate.

Still, I've just had my Motion a month now and I got the full reaming price on it. :eek: OTOH, there are much worse phones to have gotten price shafted on.

I still think somethings got to shake a loose when the current Motion/Avid rebate ends on 3/3. IMO, that's probably the best chance for any pricing adjustment before the S4 comes out.

So, I'll likely wait til then and see if any of the prices change. I'd like to see Wirefly drop it down to say $229 but I don't think they will unless Metro also drops the $269 price some when they kill the rebate. (And, I think in the past, they most usually Just drop the rebate and keep the same price.)

Whaboutcho?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

There is always going to be something better in few months. Question is, do you really need a new phone, or you just want it for some unexplained reason? Does your current phone satisfy your needs? I'd say let your motion ran for a year and then just look out for some nice deals on any new phone. Seriously, if you don't need a new phone that badly why not spend this extra $200 on something else you've always wanted.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Either Metro misunderstood you or you them. (You misread a reply of mine to you, perhaps you misread Metro's reply too.)

There is no post to Metro's wall today about the subject At All.

Here is it, in WRITING from Metro.

MetroFBRebate.JPG

My rebate is sitting in final processing now, my phone came from Wirefly. If Wirefly weren't ok, they'd have rejected my rebate before this point.

Whatever, you go ahead and believe whatever you want to. :rolleyes: (Also wondering why you bother asking here if you won't believe the correct answers you get.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones